Archive of Post-Lorax Project Articles

Search the Post-Lorax Project Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Artisan Breads and Cheese: Bread Poetry

"Flour is the core of bread, the body containing its heart and spirit." ~Peter Reinhart, The Bread Baker's Apprentice



As the phoenix rises from ashes in its glory with healing tears, so is warm and glowing dough born from shedding fungi.

The yeast feeds and grows and swells and in a final blaze at 140°F, its life is shed, making way for a child of sustenance, warmth and comfort.  It is flour and romance like a Greek tragedy and Shakespearean sonnet proofed into one.

Mmm... Bread poetry.  It is the story of the phoenix.  From the yeasts' martyrdom, bread is born.  Warm, crusty, crumbly sustenance!

I made my first bread today!  It was a beautiful focaccia!  I don't have the best pictures to show.  I didn't have my camera handy and took pictures with my phone, so the quality isn't great.  But use your imagination.  It was tasty!




And then I made the half that didn't get eaten right away into a focaccia pizza!








No comments:

Post a Comment